To prove the authenticity of certain accounts, we implemented verification checkmarks and other indicators. Please note, that you may lose your verification checkmark if you edit certain details such as the display name.
User accounts can be verified by our staff if they meet certain criteria. The checkmarks appear in a lot of places, including the dashboard, community forum, and other places. The criteria:
- Your account details clearly show who you are.
- The account is active and in use.
- You have substantial use of at least one of our products.
- Apply for a verification mark following with proof of who you are.
If you are the owner of a verified account and your checkmark does not appear in some places, let us know and we'll manually fix it.
For API Clients
API clients can be verified by our staff, too, if they meet certain criteria. The checkmark appears in most places where the API client name is shown. The criteria:
- The owner of the API client has a verified account already.
- The API client clearly indicates with whom it is associated.
- The API client is actively used.
- Apply for a verification mark.
Types of Verifications
In most places, such as the dashboard, there are two types of verifications. The regular accounts/clients, and the verified accounts/clients:
However, there's a third type on the community forum for members of the staff: